Tuesday, September 29, 2009

compliments and funnies

I just picked up a worksheet a student was working on for another English class. There are Korean sentences and spaces for the student to fill in the blanked out English words.... Sentence 1: (student has written in the answer)
"Is this the high IQ (sperm bank)?" .......

2: "I know, and I do (yearn) for (faster downloads)"

3: "Maybe we can (have coffee sometime)"

Makes for a creepy combination....


A number of compliments today!

Girls just randomly coming up to me or passing me in the hallway and saying "ㅖ뽀", or pretty.

One student just said, "Pretty skin today."

but the BEST COMPLIMENTS that i have received in Korea thus far:
"Your mom and dad must have raised you well."
And along the same lines,
"David must be great because you two are together."
Thank you for loving me right.

And 주석 (Chuseok - the korean thanksgiving holiday) shopping is crazy. I am trying to avoid emart but i don't know if i will be able to. I made a super quick trip to 롯대 (Lotte) department store today to get a couple - scarf for host mom, socks for host dad, and sock/slippers for middle sister.

It's the thought that counts, right? anyway, the sock/slippers come in the cutest box i've seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment