Sunday, September 27, 2009

A grandma's birthday surprise

Last weekend, my family notified me that we would be going to the beach to celebrate the grandfather's birthday. did I have any 역속 (appointments)? No.

So, they told me we'd be staying in a resort next to a beach I got to swim in last month. When they said resort, I prepared myself for the worst, and decided it would be a great family experience.

We ended up at 대명 (Daemyong) resort, a chain of 8 verrry nice resorts all over Korea. their spokesperson is this very pretty famous korean celebrity, Hyori. I remember these advertisements best from the Seoul subways with Hyori standing in front of a tidal wave....

The resort actually had a wave pool, water slides, swimming pool with a current, jets that massage your body along the pool's edge, differently scented hot tubs, and a playground of small slides and climbing things with a huuuge bucket at the top that filled with water that came crashing down every couple minutes. There was a sauna and spa. This was a very good decision on my part. We were actually celebrating the grandma's birthday as well.

We ended up going to the spa on my second morning there where we proceeded to get our faces painted with mud, listening to underwater music, lying down in a big vat of thoroughly crushed up heavenly smelling bark, and finally getting sound therapy with a gently massaging/vibrating bed. And of course... the sauna... grandma, aunts, host mom, all proceeded to get naked and enjoy the varying temperature pools and hot sauna. I don't even know what to say, other than, bring your own towel to sit on.

We ate really well including fresh sashimi ( I hoped to god it was fresh and from whichever water that dr guy said was safe to eat...... fresh? salt? I had no idea....) It wasn't until later that we were walking outside of the restaurants with vats of living fish, that i saw the ugly things alive and with fins.... they were the ugliest fish ever! I'm just glad I ate it before I saw them....

Then we finished up the birthday weeekend with two younger sisters that were mad at each other all the car ride home. I believe they both ended up falling asleep on me, as I took the middle seat in the back of the car to appease them... Never again. I was thankful to grow up as an only child. Thank you, mom and dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment