Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Jeonju

Placement ceremony. All dressed and clean and nervous.

Then placed! I'm in Jeonju which is a city in the southwest part of Korea. Apparently, it's a bigger city than where we are currently. I'm with three other ETA girls who all seem cool, but that I don't know that well (yet!). It's a city that's famous for bibimbap (which was one of my fav korean foods). It even has a museum dedicated to it! It's famous for a traditional village. Apparently a lot of koreans come to visit the village. It's also known for being an educational hub of korea since there is a teacher university there.

Apparently, it's a great city. There have been many ETAs there in the past. So I am excited to find out which ones were there and what they thought of it.

My school is a co-ed high school with just over 1000 students. (I really hope that I don't have to teach that many?!?). So it's time to get used to big classes.

Many of my close friends are located on Jeju Island. I am excited to visit them and for them to visit me. I think overall, I am very pleased with my placement!!! It's just scary to think that I will be so far from my closest friends I've made so far.

Also, here is my school's website, although it's all in Korean. My suggestion? Just start clicking on things and you might find some pictures : www.hanilgo.hs.kr

Love to everyone and I think this is a new beginning I'm looking forward to.

I'm eating ice cream waffles tonight. Me and my girls need to bond.

Love to everyone at home and abroad.

1 comment:

  1. Bibimbap + you + me = I can't wait...

    I love you Melissa!!

    ReplyDelete